Afridiziak Gifts + Occasions Winter Fair flyer [back]
Afridiziak Gifts + Occasions Winter Fair flyer [front]
FOURTH ANNUAL AFRIDIZIAK GIFTS AND OCCASIONS WINTER FAIR 2013 COLLABORATES WITH THE SICKLE CELL SOCIETY
Download press release
Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions are back with their annual culturally inspired winter fair. We are pleased to be holding our fourth London Winter Fair on Saturday 7 December at the Embassy Tea Gallery and in Birmingham on Saturday 14 December at the Lighthouse Young People’s Centre.
Since 2010, Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions shopping events have attracted quality exhibitors showcasing the finest selection of merchandise. Many of the items on sale have been naturally/organically produced and handmade.
This unique shopping event brings together entrepreneurs selling culturally inspired gifts, which give shoppers the opportunity to pick up inspiring gifts, which ooze creativity.
Charity: For the second year running we have chosen the Sickle Cell Society as our official charity and we will donate a percentage of proceeds taken on the door from both events.
Kalpna Patel, Sickle Cell Society: “The Sickle Cell Society is delighted to receive support from Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions through their winter
fair. This fantastic event will help raise awareness about sickle cell disease amongst the local community”.
The annual Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions winter fairs are a chance to treat yourself and pick up something special for your loved ones too. The family day includes:
- Retailers selling culturally inspired gifts for men, women, and children including hair/beauty products, books, toys, educational gifts, paintings, jewellery, accessories, bags, clothing, gifts for the home, cultural cuisine and greeting cards too…
- Goodie bag and cupcake for the first 50 shoppers
- DJ’s Blaze It Up Entertainment spinning an eclectic mix of tunes
- [Birmingham] For children - mini arts and crafts workshops by Anaisarts
- [Birmingham] For adults - mini Kwanzaa workshops and seminars by YEMANJÁ a window to Afrika
- [Birmingham] a fashion show hosted by Elev8te
- Raffle prizes galore – we are raising funds for the Sickle Cell Society
- Images captured by Mellz Photography [London] | Lensi Photography [Birmingham]
- Pop up café at both venues
LONDON: FOURTH ANNUAL AFRIDIZIAK GIFTS & OCCASIONS WINTER FAIR
- DATE: Saturday 7 December 2013
- TIME: 11am – 7pm
- ENTRY: £3 includes £1 charitable donation to the Sickle Cell Society | Payable on the door | Under 16s are free
- VENUE: Embassy Tea Gallery, 195-205 Union Street, London SE1 0LN
BIRMINGHAM: SECOND ANNUAL AFRIDIZIAK GIFTS & OCCASIONS WINTER FAIR 2013
- DATE: Saturday14 December 2013
- TIME: 11am – 5pm
- TICKETS: £5 includes £1 charitable donation to the Sickle Cell Society | Payable on the door | Under 16s are free
- VENUE: Lighthouse Young People’s Centre, 100 Alma Way, Aston, Birmingham B19 2LN
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/afridiziakGO | TWITTER: @afridiziakGO
Sponsors and partners
We are pleased to be working with the following organisations: Afridiziak Theatre News, Sickle Cell Society, Blaze Up Entertainment, Miss Jessie’s, Mixed Roots, PAK’s, Neno Natural, Dinah’s’ Desserts, Anaisarts, Mellz Photography, Lensi Photography, Elev8te, YEMANJÁ a window to Afrika, Carissa’s Cupcakes, Hug My Hair, Open Mynds, Maurice Charles and Basil Lumsden.
Note to editors
- For press enquiries – interviews with the founders of Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions; logos; images of some of the culturally inspired gifts that will be on sale on the day, etc please contact Sophia A Jackson on sophia@afridiziakGO.com or call 07855 86 77 78.
- Exhibitors and sponsors taking part in the annual Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions Winter fair are available for interview.
- Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions was launched in September 2010 by Deanne Rowe and Sophia A Jackson. They are all about unique gifts, which are culturally inspired by African-Caribbean culture, and support entrepreneurs in getting their goods and services to a wider audience.