ATN press release - Birmingham annual Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions Winter Fair 2013
Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions are back with their annual culturally inspired winter fair and second Birmingham Winter Fair on Saturday 14 December at the Lighthouse Young People’s Centre. This unique shopping event brings together entrepreneurs selling culturally inspired gifts, which give shoppers the opportunity to pick up inspiring gifts, which ooze creativity. The family day includes:
- Retailers selling culturally inspired gifts for men, women, and children including hair/beauty products, books, toys, educational gifts, paintings, jewellery, accessories, bags, clothing, gifts for the home, cultural cuisine and greeting cards too…
- Goodie bag and cupcake for the first 50 shoppers
- DJ’s Blaze It Up Entertainment spinning an eclectic mix of tunes
- Learn Chess in 20 minutes with Mind Over Body Chess Academy, 12.30pm
- Raffle prizes galore – we are raising funds for the Sickle Cell Society, 1.30pm/4.30pm
- For children - mini arts and crafts workshops by Anaisarts, 1-4pm
- A fashion show hosted by Elev8te, 2.30pm
- Mane Divas and Lola’s Curls will be hosting natural hair workshops covering hair loss, free consultations and twisting/styling demos from 1-4.30pm
- Images captured by Lensi Photography
- Pop up café
Natural hair workshops with Mane Divas and Lola’s Curls
Hair loss workshop (30 minutes) 1pm
Are you suffering from hair loss or breakage? Covering up breakage patches with extensions or different styles? Or is your hair just growing a lot slower than you’d like? You’ll be pleased to hear that you’re not alone… After listening to your needs and requests, we found the one common issue amongst you is increased hair loss. According to Dr. Amy McMichael, a dermatologist at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Centre, women of Afro-Caribbean descent are particularly prone to hair loss conditions. This can be for a number of reasons; poor hair care, excessive heat damage, Traction or Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia (CCCA) led by tight braids or incorrect chemical use and also health and nutrition issues.
Hosted by Mane Divas [www.manedivas.co.uk] visiting all the way from London this workshop will be addressing all of those issues, and more importantly advising you on the steps to take to avoid all of the above. We have invited Dr. Lola Akingbola, the author of “8 Weeks to Longer Hair” [www.lolascurls.com] to give an in-depth speech on the topic and she will expand on some of the intrinsic causes of hair loss briefly mentioned in her book. These often include nutritional, genetic and metabolic factors. She will also aim to highlight some of the key signs, which can prompt you to seek medical professionals advice. Stop covering up that patch or ignoring your breakage and register NOW! We’d love to see you there and share each other’s experiences.
Hair consultations (45 mins) 3pm | Book in advance via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mane Divas team will be offering FREE one on one consultations to assist you on planning a healthy regime to put you on the road to a healthy mane. There will be an option to purchase a personalised applicator bottle for £5 mixed with natural oils from the Mane Divas collection, which range from the infamous Jamaican Black Castor oil to Jojoba oil. This workshop will give you the chance to not only see but also feel all of our products including our new hand made Coconut Moisture Range. You will receive an explanation on everything we sell and their individual benefits. We will also be offering attendees the opportunity to try the new Tropic Isle Herbal line, which includes Aloe Vera Castor oil! Spaces are limited so please book a FREE one on one consultation now!
Twisting and styling workshop 3.45pm | (45 minutes)
Dr. Lola Akingbola, author of 8 weeks to longer hair will be demonstrating some natural hairstyles for you to replicate at home with tips and tricks using Mane Divas natural products. No more streaming of YouTube videos come and see it live! Learn natural styling techniques and share your tips with other attendees! Mane Divas will also be offering tips on protective styling and how to treat and wash your hair whilst maintaining the style i.e. weave, extensions etc. If you require any more information about this event or anything else regarding hair, please feel free to get in touch at events@afridiziakGO.com.
BIRMINGHAM: SECOND ANNUAL AFRIDIZIAK GIFTS & OCCASIONS WINTER FAIR 2013
Notes to editors
- For press enquiries – interviews with the founders of Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions; logos; images of some of the culturally inspired gifts that will be on sale on the day, etc please contact Sophia A Jackson on sophia@afridiziakGO.com or call 07855 86 77 78.
- Exhibitors and sponsors taking part in the annual Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions Winter fair are available for interview.
- Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions was launched in September 2010 by Deanne Rowe and Sophia A Jackson. They are all about unique gifts, which are culturally inspired by African-Caribbean culture, and support entrepreneurs in getting their goods and services to a wider audience.