YEAh Live and Naturally Simple logos
Join us on March 23rd for YEAh Live’s informative hair care workshop on maintaining natural hair. The following topics will be covered in the 60-minute session hosted by Emma Ako and Naturally Simple founder, Merissa Hamilton:
- How to maintain natural hair
- Why use natural hair products as opposed to chemically infused (cheaper) ones
- What should I do with my hair on off days (not reaching for the creamy crack)
- Understanding your hair type
- Foods for the hair
- How to look after mix textured hair
- Easy style demos with the finished styles featuring in the YEAh Live fashion show later in the day.
- A short quiz at the end of the workshop where participants can win natural hair products from Naturally Simple and Mixed Roots.
Lorraine James, founder of YEAh Live, said of her natural hair journey: “I started my natural hair journey in 2002, but still wore my hair in a bob style weave for years after as I couldn’t embrace my natural hair and didn’t know how to style or maintain it. I wanted my hair to still look glamorous and glossy just like it was when it was relaxed. Eventually I discovered Sisterlocks which bridged the gap between being natural and having hair that could be styled to look glam. Talking to other women, I found that some still have issues with their natural hair and when they get frustrated, they reach for the “creamy crack” which is still around tempting us like the devil! So myself and some of the YEAh Live team decided to run a natural hair workshop to address these issues and hopefully teach and inspire the attendees particularly the young girls who are heavily influenced by the hair and beauty industry’s glossy adverts promoting weave, relaxer and products full of harmful chemicals.”
Listings information: Third YEAh Live
DATE: Saturday 23 March 2013 | TIME: 3.30pm – 7.30pm
ENTRY: £5 in advance via www.yeahlive.eventbrite.com or £7 on the door
VENUE: Montgomery Hall, 58 Kennington Oval, London SE11 5SW
[Tube: Oval | Buses 3, 36, 133, 159, 185, 436]
EXHIBITOR AND OTHER ENQUIRIES: email firstname.lastname@example.org | 07938 086 075 TWITTER: @YEAhLiveUK
Note to editors
1. For press enquiries – interviews with Lorraine James, founder, Young Entrepreneurs Association and Merissa Hamilton, Naturally Simple, logos and images from previous events, please contact Sophia A Jackson on email@example.com or call 07855 86 77 78.
2. Previous YEAh Live events were held on June 10, 2012, and the second event was held on September 2, 2012.
Don't miss: YEAh Live 3