Entries open for the 2015 Alfred Fagon Award
Entries are now open for the 19th Alfred Fagon Award which is supported by The Peggy Ramsay Foundation.
Last year’s award for Best New Play of the Year was won by Charlene James who won £6,000 for her play Cuttin’ It.
Criteria for entry are as follows:
- The competition is open to any playwright of Caribbean or African descent, resident in the UK, for the best original, new stage play in English.
- Plays must be full length.
- The play does not need to have been produced. However, if it has, only plays produced since August 2014 will be considered.
- Each submitted play must be accompanied by a CV, confirming the writer's Caribbean and/or African heritage and residency in the UK along with a brief synopsis of the play. (CV must also include your email address and a contact telephone number).
- Each entrant can submit only one play. A play may also be nominated by a third party with the writer's consent (e.g. via an agent)
- Television, radio plays and film scripts will not be considered.
- New as well as established writers are encouraged to enter.
- Two hard copies of your script should be sent to: Pauline Walker, The Alfred Fagon Award, c/o Talawa Theatre Company, 53-55 East Road, London, N1 6AH.
- An electronic copy of the play should also be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for all entries: Noon, Monday, 3 August 2015.
The writer of the winning play will be announced at The Alfred Fagon Award ceremony in November 2015.
Further details can be found at the website: www.alfredfagonaward.co.uk/2015-awards
The trustees of The Alfred Fagon Award are:
Yvonne Brewster OBE
Paul Stephenson OBE
2014 Alfred Fagon Award
Celebrating 18 Years of the Alfred Fagon Award